So I wrote Motorola recently to see if they would like to cooperate in my effort to port Linux and Android to the Q9h, and although a couple of engineers on the motodev site seemed enthusiastic, I still haven't heard any kind of definitive reply.
The next logical step was to disassemble a broken Motorola Q9h I found on eBay :) I'm not entirely finished this tear-down yet, because I'm still trying to pry-off a few remaining EMI shields, but its coming along smoothly.
I'll be specifically looking for a 'companion chip' sort of like the TWL4030, to see what I can get out of the USB pins. I believe that D+ / D- are not fully muxed with UART2, but they are with GPIO 107 / 108, which means I might have to write a small soft-uart driver for the Linux kernel.
Most of the Linux-OMAP code for the 2420 device is already present upstream in the kernel (mainly written by Nokia engineers), so in terms of the Linux porting effort, it's really just a matter of configuration. There may be a couple of non-standard peripheral devices, but I'm not expecting any major difficulties.
I hope you eagerly await some photos of the internals :) I'll have to take a pause in order to get back to the library and resume studying for my wireless communication exam, but I should be done the teardown in another day or two.
Wish me luck!
Update-20091002: OpenEZX Page